Everyone looks forward to eating good food, relaxing, and spending quality time with your family. But in the hectic pace of life, connecting with loved ones may require more planning than expected. Consider the following tips for prioritizing family time so enjoying those precious moments together isn’t as rare as long weekends.
1. Organizing your obligations into lists. Instead of trying to do it all, you can figure out which tasks need to be done on the long weekend (your “Do” list) and which can wait until after (your “Do Later” list). This will rebalance your family’s time so you can be together. Try and be realistic when evaluating your time—don’t add something to your “Do” list just because you feel guilty.
2. Unplugging when you’re at home (but don’t unplug your hot tub!!). Instead of checking email, working on projects, and texting coworkers when you’re home during a holiday, you could turn your phone off and shut down your computer to give your family your undivided attention. This holiday might be the perfect opportunity for that much needed digital detox.
3. Eating dinner together. Some families enjoy sitting down for dinner together most nights—holidays or not—over pizza or a four-course meal. You can schedule meals for the same time every night when possible and ask your family to help with the cooking or setting of the table. It will provide a good bonding experience to practice communication and continue to get to know one another.
4. Being thankful. You’ll develop a deeper connection with others when you’re appreciative. You will also notice how this positive energy will all come back to you—when you’re genuinely thankful, good things happen around you! This is a great exercise for all months of the year.
5. Gathering everybody in your Beachcomber Hot Tub. Family time is very important, and what better way to spend time together than in your Beachcomber Hot Tub? Being in a hot tub environment can be a great way to connect with loved ones and catch up without the distractions of cellphones, TV, and tablets.
When the Scott Family founded Beachcomber Hot Tubs, they were inspired by the tradition of gathering as a family around a campfire. Much like this tradition, a Beachcomber Hot Tub invites everyone to come around and enjoy the comfort of warm relaxation and connection as a unit. In this type of face-to-face gathering and in the physical presence of our family and friends, we make the connections that enrich our lives the most. Try adding hot tub fragrances to enhance your bonding experience—it can significantly improve your already enjoyable hot tub soak.
Enjoying hot tub moments as a family is a fantastic way to connect with loved ones and create effective relaxation and fun for adults and kids. For this reason, it’s important to ensure that your hot tub is set up to children comfort and safety—check out this list for all the necessary precautions to keep kids safe and entertained in a hot tub.