For many of us, the winter months go hand in hand with colds and flus. Once temperatures drop below freezing and the days and nights blend, we accept we are likely going to feel run down and sluggish. We find ourselves reaching for vitamins to try to feel a bit better. But what if we told you that a Beachcomber Hot Tub can be the perfect way to boost your immune system year-round?
Steps to a Stronger Immune System
There are numerous ways to encourage a healthy immune system. We are told to exercise, eat well, minimise stress, and get enough sleep. For some people, this is not always possible. Busy lives or physical limitations can make it difficult to achieve some or all. When you add a hot tub to your home, you are making immune boosting activities effortless.
Increased Blood Circulation
Improving your circulation has many positive effects on the body.
- It quickly delivers oxygen and nutrients to your body cells while removing waste
- Faster blood flow means a higher production of white blood cells to fight off infections
- It acts as a natural detoxifier—chemicals and toxins are removed from your skin during perspiration and blood flow
Getting a good night’s sleep is important to ensure that your immune system is strong and ready to fight any threats. There are many ways to optimise your sleep:
- Putting your phone away at least 30 minutes before you go to bed
- Removing distractions from your bedroom, e.g., TVs, laptops
- Increasing natural production of melatonin
Incorporating a consistent exercise regime into your life can boost your immune system in different ways.
- Increases immunity cells and makes them last longer in the body
- Improves cardiovascular health, which improves overall health throughout the body
- Raise your body temperature, which prevents bacteria from growing
Hot Tubs and Immunity
You might be wondering where a Beachcomber Hot Tub comes into this. Well, studies have shown that hot water therapy can cause a boost to overall immunity.
- When we submerge ourselves in water for 15—30 minutes a day, we increase our blood circulation. This creates more antibodies and white blood cells and helps wash away the harmful toxins that leave our body.
- The drop in temperature when we leave a hot tub encourages a greater production of melatonin. This improves the quality of our sleep, meaning our bodies are more capable of fighting diseases.
- Exercise isn’t always accessible to everyone, but a hot tub soak is a safe and gentle way to incorporate more activity into your day.
When you add a Beachcomber Hot Tub to your home, you are improving your health routine. Learn more about how to enhance your health here!
*The information in this article should not be used as a substitute for medical advice from your doctor. Consults with qualified professionals are strongly recommended.