People get injured several ways. Whether it’s playing sports or a fall in the house, there is no way to prevent an accident from happening. What you can do is put into place sufficient preventative measures, so you are as secure and protected as possible. These can be related to ensuring your environment is safe to preparing your body for any possibility.
Steps to Injury Prevention
It is easy to hurt yourself when playing sports. With a fast pace, often high impact activity comes the risk of falling, getting hit, or straining or spraining a body part. It is vital that you are prepared for this, so keep these tips in mind:
- Understand the rules of the sport you are playing so you don’t accidentally get hurt.
- Warm up properly beforehand – stretching and increasing your heart rate wakes your muscles and gets them ready for activity.
- Stay hydrated before and during the sports by drinking plenty of water.
We spend a lot of our free time at home. We are most relaxed here, carrying out mundane day to day tasks that we don’t put a lot of thought into. This can make accidents and injuries more likely to happen. Keeping the house safe from injury causing hazards is essential.
- Make sure any cables and wires are tidied away and out of reach to prevent tripping or tangling.
- Ensure all furniture is set up securely so it doesn’t topple or fall, causing injury.
- If there are children in the home, ensure a child proof environment – avoid having sharp corners, exposed outlets, and dangerous products in their vicinity.
As the warm weather creeps in, we will be spending more time outdoors. Ensuring that it is a safe and enjoyable spot for everyone should be top priority.
- Put away any gardening tools such as shears and clippers as these could get lost in the grass and cause an injury.
- Ensure patio furniture and other outdoor installations are secure in place.
For more steps to injury prevention, see Health Canada.
Injury Prevention and Beachcomber Hot Tubs
A Beachcomber Hot Tub treats injury prevention as a priority. The many safety features ensure easy access and exit and grip when moving about.
Safe Axiss Steps:
Our Hybrid4 hot tubs come with Safe Axiss Steps that are designed for easy access, accompanied by guiding lights and a wide landing pad to make climbing in and out safer.
Every Beachcomber Hot Tub model features an engineered system of steps, surfaces, seats, and carefully placed angles that contribute to a stepping down action to get in and out of your hot tub. This reduces the risk of any injury.
Specially Moulded Hand Grips:
Added support for getting in and out of the tub, these contours are moulded for optimum grip.
Cooling off periods are essential to avoid overheating. With your health and safety in mind, all Beachcomber’s hot tub models feature a Cooling Seat or Cooling Bench with no jets.
Beachcomber Hot Tubs are also a great way to ease your body and muscles after exertion and exercise, reducing the risk of injury in your day to day. Overall, it is a great addition to your home and healthy lifestyle. Learn more about the health benefits of a Beachcomber here!